Food | Charity | PR
alexandra rose charity
Alexandra Rose Charity is an old charity with a start-up mindset. They approached me to build their profile, increase their visibility and reach the London foodie network
My background in research, volunteer experience with Trussell Trust and Fare Share and obsession with the food world provided ARC with a freelancer who could hit the ground running, understanding the nuance of their unique mission, vision and values.
High Net Worth Individuals
Social Media Strategy
Brighton based, London focussed ARC approached me to help them increase their profile. Having seen my nuanced approach to the food industry through my work with Riverford Organic Farmers, the charity saw that my knowledge of food poverty, food insecurity and scientific research made me able to work to their unique bottom line. ARC was seeking a new start & offered a broad brief:
- Increase links with the London food scene & community
- Target ABC1 consumers as potential supporters
- Increase visibility to drive future public-facing fundraising
- Improve messaging and voice on social media
- Understand more about PR to bring it in-house
Early on into my work with ARC, HelloFresh offered ARC a free leaflet drop inside their 45,000 boxes. This offer support was converted to a social media campaign that
- Identified target audiences
- Sourced campaign supporting content from Zoe Adjonyoh
- Increased links with local media, e.g.
- Root+Bone, Hackney Gazette
- Expanded followers by 200%
- Increased engagement by 1,746%
- White label blog post on HelloFresh that provided strong click through & backlinks
- Reached notable targets including Jay Rayner, Diana Henry & Nigella Lawson
Chefs for families
HelloFresh offered ARC the use of their London HQ for a fundraising event.
Devising ‘Chefs for Families‘, I sourced talent including Nicole Pisani, Sue Quinn, Tom Hunt and Lizzie King, gained prizes from names including Tommi Meiers, Felicity Cloake and Honey & Co. The event. Full sponsorship was sourced from retailers including Naked Wines, Sainsbury’s, Old Spitalfield’s and Belazu.
- Increased the scope of ARC’s networks
- Raised funds
- Provided a landmark event for publicity
- Won two prizes for the London Food Link’s Urban Food Fortnight
Don’t just take my word for it…
“Ann immediately understood that Alexandra Rose’s mission is different from other charities and how this makes us different.
Ann’s enthusiasm is infectious, she knows who we should be talking to and gets us those conversations. She dreams big and delivers her ideas every week and every project.”
Jonathan Pauling, Chief Executive, Alexandra Rose Charity
Explore other work
My storytelling helps entrepreneurs, start-ups and creatives to access a story-first approach that connects to customers to drive sales and action, whether you’re a small business whose marketing is a little fusty, a corporate needing a quick turnaround of a sustainability story writer or a charity looking to get your mission heard.
Write | Research | Interview
FamilY | Brand Build | SustainabLE
Food Waste | Community | Press
Other Non-profits I’ve worked with
Looking for someone who will push you on?
Want someone who understands the nuances of your campaign and message?
I’d love to see if I can help.